Fusion Insight & Strategy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
It is not our aim to sell or promote anything. We conduct market research using scientific methods and we commit, in obtaining your co-operation, not to mislead you about the nature of the research or how the findings will be used. Your responses will be treated as confidential unless you consent to being identified.
You have been selected to take part in a survey because:
- You were selected due to holding a product with, following a recent purchase from, or visit to, one of the companies for whom we work
- You have given permission for a company to supply your details to a third party for research purposes
- You have taken part in previous research administered by Fusion Insight & Strategy and given us your permission to contact you in the future for research purposes.
- We have a legitimate interest to process personal data to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, advertising or development our or our clients’ products, services, systems and relationships with you.
When we process your personal information for our or our clients’ legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
If you have been contacted by Fusion Insight & Strategy and you do not think you have given your permission or just wish your name to be removed from the database, let us know and we will remove you from the contact list for that research project and inform the relevant organisation who supplied your details.
In research involving children, we conform to the terms of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 and seek the verifiable permission of a parent or legal guardian before an interview commences.
What we collect
When we contact you, it is generally for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in a research study
- To confirm the details of research you have already agreed to participate in
- To conduct a research interview with you
- To validate responses you have supplied in recent research (if you have consented to it)
- To notify you if you have won a prize draw or to administer an incentive for your participation
We may collect the following personal information when you conduct research with us.
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as age, gender, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys
For online surveys we will record your IP address, browser, screen size and other basic metrics.
Personally identifiable information collected will be kept for no longer than 12 months from the end of the project unless stated specifically at the time of taking part. Non identifiable information you give will be kept for no longer than 5 years.
What we do with the information we gather
Personal information collected is:
- Combined with responses / opinions of others who have taken part in the research and reported back anonymously to the client who commissioned the research.
- Used on an aggregate basis to compare opinions between groups of people.
- Used to administer and operate prize draws / incentives (details of this use of personal information can be found in the applicable prize draw or incentive terms and conditions on request or at the point of undertaking the research).
- Used to re-contact you to validate your responses (if you have consented to doing so).
All your survey responses are treated as confidential. We will never intentionally disclose your personal information or individual survey responses to the client that commissioned the research or any third parties unless:
- You request or consent to sharing your identifying information and individual responses
- In the rare event that the information is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, orders or other legal or regulatory requirements
Who we share the information with
One of the survey software tools we utilise ("Surveygizmo") is based outside of the EEA in the United States ("US"). The US is deemed to provide adequate protection if the recipient is registered under the US Department of Commerce’s US-EU Privacy Shield. Surveygizmo is listed here (https://www.privacyshield.gov/list)
By conducting our research you consent to us transferring your personally identifiable data to other companies for the purposes mentioned above. We shall endeavour to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential and secure.
Processing of prizes and incentives may result in your contact details being passed into a third party i.e. Amazon, M&S etc. This would purely be in order for the prize or incentive to be sent out to you and would not result in any marketing or follow up.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we receive or collected by us. Only authorized employees have access to the information you provide us. They have access only for data analysis and quality control purposes. Fusion Insight & Strategy is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting personally identifiable information to us.
Your co-operation in any Fusion Insight & Strategy survey is voluntary at all times. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you (which is known as a subject access request) and you have the right to update any incorrect information. Wherever reasonable and practical, we will carry out such a request.
In order to prevent personal data being released to anyone other than the data subject when access requests are made where we cannot adequately confirm your identity (post or group email address) we require a copy (photocopy, scan or photograph) of an official document (driving licence, passport or birth certificate) confirming your identity.
You are also entitled at any stage or subsequently to withdraw consent and ask that part or all of the record of your interview be destroyed or deleted.
To do this please submit your request in writing by replying to the email survey invitation you received or replying by email or postal address below in our Queries section.
If you have queries concerning regarding how your personal information has been processed by Fusion Insight & Strategy you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (CIO) via the following options:
Website : https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 113
Our policy may be updated periodically and the latest version will always be available here on the Fusion Insight & Strategy website or available at the point of taking part in online research.